Friday, April 18, 2014

We are now in Mississippi!

Yesterday was the "bad dog day" - do you know how scary it is to ride down the road with a pack of
(seemingly??) ferocious dogs snapping at your heels??  I think that I may have broken some personal speed records... and my throat is sore from yelling at them...

But yesterday was also a good day - line dancing in the parking lot at the hotel - with some encouragement from some of the other guests (thanks Sandie, for the lessons - you are a woman of many, many talents!!)  and it was a birthday day yesterday.  I had ordered Carnegie Deli cheesecake online- they shipped it (frozen) overnight and it arrived at the motel in Bogalusa, Louisiana.  It was soooo good - and you can eat as much as you want guilt-free when you have biked 60 or so miles that day!!

And we have now left Louisiana and are in Mississippi for two days; then two days in Alabama  (including a rest day AT THE BEACH!!); then Florida!!!  We will be in Florida for 10 days...

The weather continues to be not good, but really not so bad.  It is cool and each day is overcast, but we have only had a little rain.  Better a little cool than too hot.  I really, really hope for warm weather at our next rest day at Dauphin Island, Alabama...

Still haven't seen any alligators....

Happy Birthday to my favourite sister who just turned 50!!

Saw the de Grood parents' statement online - truly one of the bravest and saddest moments of television that I have ever seen...

1 comment:

  1. Twila told me the masks were your idea. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete