Monday, April 7, 2014

Yes! I am still hanging in there!

I have had another couple of great days!  We are now in Texas Hill Country and it has had a few steep hills, but the scenery has been spectacular!!  It is really nice to see green again...
It is springtime here so there are wildflowers along the side of the road, shrubs in bloom and the trees have that "newly- sprung" green about them.  (Sorry, if you are in Calgary in the snow, you had best not read this...)
We are now officially half way through the trip, which is so hard to believe.  I think that we are over 1,500 miles.  It is interesting to see the change - yesterday's ride was 80 miles and we didn't bat an eyelash over that - we all know what we can do now.  It was actually a great, great ride - a couple of very steep hills, but a lot of the day was spent up on some crazy back country roads - one time I swear we went right through the middle of a farm - with cows looking at us like we were crazy.
It is a rest day right now - in Fredricksburg, a town with a German flavour.  Still a gun shop in town though - what would a Texan town be without a gun shop?
So exciting - I received a postcard from Sheila in Camp Wood and today a parcel arrived for me from Patti - a wonderful woman that I met on the Pacific Coast trip - she sent a few thoughtful, small items and a delicious bar of chocolate.... whoops, does it make me look like a pig to know that I gobbled it up right away???
Thanks for all the e-mails my friends, and I do think of you often (what else do you do on a bike for hours and hours and hours every day???)

No comments:

Post a Comment