Sunday, March 9, 2014

Cycling Day Three!

No internet last night - we sometimes stay in rather... rustic lodgings.  Today someone in the group said that if you think about it, it is odd that we are excited if we are staying at a Best Western.  ( I was at the Ritz-Carleton just a few weeks ago...)

Yesterday was... interesting!  It was hilly - quite steep but not too bad - but the winds were crazy!!  Really strong and really erratic - you didn't know which direction the next one would come from.
A couple of the smaller women were literally blown off their bikes - who knew that I would ever say that I am glad to be heavier??!!  Close to 50 miles today.

And today - 67 miles I think.  A ten-mile hill - down this time!  It was a little scary but really fun!  On the interstate so the shoulders were wide and smooth - a great time!!  We also rode for 7 miles or so on the worst road imaginable - I think that my teeth are looser now.  And we won't even talk about what that does to your rear end!  But all in all a good day.  Very tired, and we are biking 87 miles tomorrow. Funny how everyone  is asleep by 9pm!

1 comment:

  1. I remember that 10-mile hill. Only three of us did it because it was raining hard with strong winds, and Carol strongly recommended that we ALL get a bump past that hill, (including me!).

    ReplyDelete