Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Must be Tuesday the 11th?? and I think that I am in Blythe, California....

So nice .... it's a rest day today!  I have very little ambition today - did my laundry this morning and will clean my bike later today - that's it!
Oh, and remember that I was excited about staying in a Best Western? This hotel is to the Best Western as is the Best Western to the Four Seasons!  But that is not important - the important thing is that my derriere is not meeting a bicycle seat today!!
It was a long day yesterday : 87 miles through the desert and someone said that it reached 88 degrees in the afternoon.
But we did see some sand dunes, stopped at the Glamis Beach grocery store (the sand toy capitol of the world!) and saw a pet lamb in Ripley - believe it or not!
Tomorrow Arizona!

1 comment:

  1. 87 miles.....a personal record?
    Proud of you Janine...keep it up and have fun
    Kent

    ReplyDelete