Sunday, March 30, 2014

Will you still love me??

My dear family, friends and (dare I say?) fans,
I am sorry to tell you that I will disappoint you today...
It was a 110 mile ride - I believe that I could have done it except for (yes again!!) the killer head winds!!  Maybe 30 mph with gusts of 40 and 50 mph... it was insane!!!  I worked so very hard, but I finally gave up at mile 85.  And it felt right and it felt good!!!  There is no way that I could have done it, and yes, I am disappointed, but that's life!!
Must go to bed and rest now - every part of my body is sore and aching..............
And congratulations to the five (so far)  that did it all!!!  You are amazing!!!

4 comments:

  1. Not at all disappointed! Still impressed with 85 miles. I have trouble with headwinds in Calgary!!! Sleep we'll and be proud!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 85 miles of cycling into a 40-50 mph wind. That's a hurricane in my books. Get indoors and find a book. Congrats for making it that far. Amazing. Keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will always luv u sweet niece - Congrats for your accomplishments to date !! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. 85 miles against those winds IS amazing! Great job! Durf (Twila's)

    ReplyDelete